Skin looking a little tired? Winter skin not coping too well with cold temperatures and drying heat? Just wanting to get your glow back? There are so many plant-based remedies and superfoods that can do double duty as both foods that we eat AND put on our skin! Below are 3 easy DIY face masks that will leave your skin glowing, hydrated and bring your glow back!
Easy Goji Berry Mask
Goji Berries are a superfood that isn’t just for eating! These little red powerhouses can benefit you when applied externally to your skin. Goji Berries contain powerful antioxidants and vitamins like vitamin B1, B2, B6, C and E. They also contain a variety of over 18 amino acids and proteins that are essential for elastic and youthful skin. This antioxidant-packed mask penetrates and nourishes the skin with anti-aging properties, a rich source of oligosaccharides, amino acids and essential vitamins that help to increase skin’s elasticity and hydration. I also put goji berries in my tea and then chomp on them as a post tea treat!
What You Need
- A handful of Goji Berries
- ½ tsp raw honey
- Small bowl and spoon
- Soak the handful of Goji berries in about 4 tsp of warm water for like 15 minutes
- Once the time is up, mash up the goji berries to a pulp using clean fingers or pulse in a food processor
- Add ½ tsp raw honey
- Alternative: I have also substituted Seabucktorn Seed Oil for raw honey. Sea buckthorn oil is another superfood rich in amino acids, vitamin E, Omega 7 and 190 and other bio-active nutrients which are hydrating. Seabuckthorn has anti-inflammatory properties and have been proven to help with inflammatory skin conditions like eczema, rosacea, and acne.
- Mix and spread the mixture on your clean face and neck.
- Let it penetrate for 15 minutes then rinse off, pat dry and moisturize.
- Do this anytime your skin needs an anti-aging boost and extra moisture!
Simple Powerhouse Turmeric Mask
Turmeric is high in antioxidants and slows down cell damage; making it perfect for reducing skin inflammation and evening out your skin tone. It may also help to reduce acne, psoriasis and eczema, and help with scaring. Basically, it’s a golden miracle powder for your skin!
What You Need
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of organic honey
- 1 teaspoon milk or yogurt
- In a small bowl, mix the turmeric powder, apple cider vinegar, honey and milk or yogurt into a paste-like consistency
- Apply to your face and neck and let it penetrate for 15 minutes
- Rinse off the mask with warm water or you can remove with a washcloth. Note: don’t be alarmed if your skin is still looking a little yellow after you remove the mask. The turmeric might temporarily stain your skin if you’re pale, but it will go away in a few hours. You can also use a simple cleansing oil to get rid of the yellowish hue.
- If you use the mask a couple of times a week, you should notice brighter, smoother skin with reduced hyerpigmentation after a few uses!
Wrinkle-Reducing Jujube Mask
Jujube is an edible fruit that is similar to a Date. It is also known as red date, Korean date, Chinese date, and Indian date around the world. Sweet and fiber-rich, the jujube fruit is packed with nutritional value, a good source of vitamin A, C, B vitamins, minerals including iron, phosphorus, and calcium, and healthful fatty acids. Like Goji Berries and Tumeric, Jujube is edible, and can also be a great when used externally. Jujube extract or powder from its leaves can provide significant benefits to your skin, including boosting hydration, treating various skin irritations and inflammations, including psoriasis, eczema, and acne. It can also help reduce the appearance of wrinkles and scars.
What You need
- 1 Teaspoon of Jujube Leaf Powder
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 Teaspoon of fresh Lemon Juice
- Add all of the ingredients into a small mixing bowl and whisk until frothy
- Apply the mixture to your clean, dry face
- Let the mask sit on your skin for 15 minutes
- Rinse off the mask with warm water and pat skin dry
- Your skin will be glowing and hydrated!
I love using natural, plant-based DIY solutions for my skin. So I wanted to share just a few “recipes” with you! After all, who doesn’t want hydrated, healthy, glowing skin?!
#glowingskin #DIYfacemask #tumeric #jujube #gogiberry #turmericfacemask #gogiberryfacemask #jujubefacemask #chinesedate #jujubeleafpowder #hydratingfacemask #seabuckthornseedoil #seabuckthornoil #omega7